Pillow Talk - Episode 2 - How can businesses counter the security challenges and stresses they are facing?
A few months ago, we commissioned a survey of more than 250 IT professionals to find out how they felt working in IT impacted their life; what effect did it have on their sleep habits? Do they feel they have a good work/life balance? What aspects of the job do they find most stressful?
Just over two months later the results are in, and we've compiled them in our brand new report. The aim? To identify how we can help relieve stress and lessen the burden on individuals and whole IT teams through innovative technology.
In our Pillow Talk video series, we'll be chatting about the most significant report findings and addressing the issues that most IT professionals said cause them the most concern and stress, with the aim of helping them sleep better at night and improving productivity during the day.
In episode two, our Client Solutions Director, Eamon McGann, is joined by Nick Lines, Security Product Marketing Manager for Modern Workplace at Microsoft, to talk about the changing nature of IT security; how organisations can adapt to the new landscape and vulnerabilities that have emerged as we work from home during the Covid-19 pandemic; and how the Microsoft suite of products can help organisations navigate these challenges and stay secure and successful.
Key areas of discussion can be found at the following time stamps:
- 04:05 - Security as a cause of stress
- 05:35 - What are the main IT security challenges facing organisations right now?
- 10:30 - How are organisations adapting to stay 100% secure while employees are working from home?
- 15:30 - How will the current challenges affect the roadmap of the future for businesses once the Covid-19 crisis is over?
- 23:00 - Microsoft as a security leader and how Microsoft tech can support and empower SOCs
- 28:10 - No such thing as 'perfect' security
- 32:20 - Addressing the skill shortage in cybersecurity
- 36:25 - What KPIs should businesses look to in this changing environment?
You can read the report that Eamon and Nick are talking about and see the statistics around stress and security for yourself by downloading your copy now. What do you think about the report findings? We'd love to know your thoughts!